At TDindustries, we practice Servant Leadership, this philosophy suggests that every person can become a leader by first serving and then, through conscious choice‚ leading. We help our Partners grow through respecting individual differences, talents and strengths. Our commitment to this management philosophy has created an environment where partners trust leadership to listen to their thoughts and ideas and, in turn, leadership trusts the judgment of Partners. Servant Leadership is a way of life that deeply enhances our culture and our business. Leaders are first a servant of those they lead. They are a teacher‚ a source of information and knowledge‚ and a standard setter more than a giver of directions or a disciplinarian. Leaders see things through the eyes of their followers. They put themselves in others’ shoes and help them make their dreams come true. Want to know more about what makes up the Servant Leadership philosophy? Find them here.
are first a servant of those they lead.
TD Through the Years
Texas Distributors Inc. is founded by Jack Lowe Sr.
TD offers employee ownership to all employees
Servant Leadership adopted by Jack Lowe Sr.
Opened office in Houston, Texas
Began prefabrication of plumbing services
Opened office in Austin, Texas
Opened office in San Antonio, Texas
BIM fully utilized on various projects
Fortune Magazine created the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list – TD Is ranked 5th overall
Performed first Texas LEED Project at Sabre Headquarters in Southlake, Texas
Opened office in Fort Worth, Texas
Over 120 TDPartners become Lean certified
17th consecutive year of being placed on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list
Began construction on the new Atlanta Falcons Stadium, set to open in time for the 2017 NFL season
20th consecutive year of being placed on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list
Servant Leadership is a leadership philosophy where the leader of a team empowers his people to succeed and puts others first. At TDIndustries, Servant Leadership isn’t a fad or corporate lip service. Jack Lowe Sr. began the process of incorporating Servant Leadership into our culture in 1972. After over 40 years of integration, Servant Leadership is woven into every level of our company and it drives the way we interact with our customers and each other.
Our benefits deliver comfort and security throughout the careers of our Partners – from health care to shared ownership to retirement. We offer a variety of benefit plans to help fit the needs of our Partners and their families. There are many benefits to a long-term career at TDIndustries, and they begin with the following actions:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance to Partners and their dependents
- Domestic Partner benefits available
- TD offsets the cost of health insurance – over 80% of health plan premiums covered for fulltime Partners (over 60% on premiums for dependents covered by TD plans)
- Flexible Spending Account – utilize pre-tax dollars for healthcare eligible expenses
- $100 annual Flexible Spending program available for Partners to enroll
- Wellness Program with a chance to receive discounted medical premiums and wellness incentives for healthy behavior modifications.
- Free biometric screenings and free flu shots for all TD Partners and their dependents who are covered by TD’s medical plan.
- On-line HRAs and wellness education available to every Partner (employee) and their spouse.
- Subsidies for fitness club memberships as well as subsidized fitness or weight-loss coaching programs (i.e. Weight Watchers.)
- Short-term disability – provided at no cost to employees
- Long-term disability
- Long Term Care
- Partner Life insurance – provided at no cost to our employees
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Job Injury Pay – sick-pay program which pays 12 weeks of a Partner’s total salary at no cost, after three years of service
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Investment education 2X per year in English and Spanish. Those sessions included one on one time with a financial consultant.